Project Manager - Community Infrastructure Major Projects
Temporary Full Time (3 Year Fixed Term)
Band 8A ($110,326) plus 9.5% Super plus monthly ADO
CBD Fringe Location
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
The Community Services and Social Infrastructure Planning department has an exciting position for a suitably experienced and appropriately qualified Project Manager to join the team! The Project Manager - Community Infrastructure Major Projects will provide project management leadership and deliver on major community infrastructure projects and re-developments, in accordance with the project plan.
This is a temporary full-time position for a three year period.
- Lead in managing projects associated with major strategic projects of Community Services Directorate in accordance with the Council Project Management Framework;
- Lead advocacy for the provision of community infrastructure projects and funding across the municipality, key partners/stakeholders, and relevant organisations/authorities;
- Effectively manage contracts, operational and project budgets against project/service delivery specifications and financial performance indicators;
- Establish good working relationships and partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders including key government agencies and industry bodies; and
- Supervise team members including management of work plan priorities and support for career development.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Tertiary or post-tertiary qualifications in project management, social sciences or a related discipline with extensive experience working in social planning and community infrastructure planning, preferably within local government or a comparable working environment;
- Extensive experience in major community infrastructure projects, development, and management;
- Extensive experience in tender development and management, contract and financial management; and
- Extensive experience liaising and negotiating effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve project goals and planning outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is a natural collaborator with exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills. So, if you are able to effectively build great relationships, are outcomes-driven and enjoy working in a diverse community-focused environment, Apply Now!
To apply, please demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role by addressing the key selection criteria contained in the position description as part of your cover letter.
For further details and a copy of the position description please visit us at: http://maribyrnong.recruitmenthub.com.au
We are a child-safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Enquiries: Tara Frichitthavong, Manager Community Services & Social Infrastructure Planning on 9688 0130.