Financial Services Accountant - Developer Contribution Plans (DCP)
Permanent Full Time
Band 7 ($100,090 to $111,224) plus 10% Super plus monthly Accrued Day Off
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
Our Finance Department has a newly created opportunity for a Financial Services Accountant - (DCP) to join our friendly and professional team on a permanent full time basis. Reporting to the Coordinator Financial Accounting and working closely with the Manager Finance and Manager City Places, to establish and progress Councils future infrastructure planning and funding program, including undertaking economic and financial modelling and realising development contributions to support delivery of needed community infrastructure and capital works across the municipality.
As our Financial Services Accountant, you will develop relationships, collaborate with others to implement, integrate and imbed DCP processes into Council's business practices, whilst supporting Council to access, and apply evolving infrastructure contribution mechanisms to enhance the financial sustainability of Council's long-term infrastructure investments.
- Develop, maintain and improve Council's DCP operating policies and processes in-line with industry direction, legislation best practice and Council's business practices.
- Maintain knowledge of changing legislation, policy and procedures for Council's infrastructure contribution planning and operation.
- Establish and facilitate cross-organisational governance for Council's infrastructure contribution mechanisms, with a focus on DCPs. This includes regulatory and internal reporting to Council and the Executive Management Team as required.
- Create and implement a staff capacity building program which shares knowledge and enables integrated processes and practices for operating Council's infrastructure contribution mechanisms, with a focus on DCPs.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in a discipline associated with development contributions. This may include accounting, planning or another related discipline with several years relevant experience; or a lesser qualification with extensive development contributions experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. This includes a collaborative workstyle to initiate discussions, facilitate meetings, gain cooperation, resolve problems, achieve shared objectives and build relationships with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of the requirements and mechanisms needed to create and operate development contribution mechanisms (including managing accounting requirements) and experience with setting up and managing systems and processes to implement a DCP.
- No relevant criminal record found in a police check.
Why choose Maribyrnong?
- Work cross functionally in a friendly, supportive and professional multidisciplinary team;
- Enjoy a flexible work environment;
- Work in a meaningful role within a Values driven organisation;
- Relish a vibrant foodie hub at your doorstep;
- Take an Accrued Day Off every month.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a genuine difference and you enjoy working in a diverse community focused environment, Apply Now!
How to apply
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter via our Careers website outlining your relevant experience and addressing the Key Selection Criteria position defined in the position description in support of your application.
Enquiries: Mark Connor, Manager Finance on 0423 845 187 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close Sunday, 31 October 2021 at 10pm.
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.