Accounts Payable Officer
- Temporary full time- 6 months
- Band 4 ($68,859 to $73,075) plus 10.5% Super
- West Footscray, Melbourne
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
Our Finance Department has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Officer to join the team. Reporting to the Coordinator Financial Accounting, this position will ensure the effective and efficient operation of Accounts payable.
- Ensuring that invoices and sundry payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that electronic payment transactions are processed weekly, reconciled and receipted.
- Providing advice and guidance to internal and external customers on Creditors related matters within the scope of the position requirements and ensure the accuracy and quality of the information provided.
- Providing a professional, high standard of customer service.
What we're looking for
You will have a post-secondary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or demonstrable experience in a similar position in creditor administration within a finance department environment. Experience in the operation, maintenance and continuous development and improvements of accounts payable processes will serve you well! And if you have knowlede of the Civica Authority software system, and a full membership with accounting bodies such asCPA, IPA or CA - then we would definitely love to hear from you!
Why Choose Maribyrnong?
- Work cross functionally in a friendly, supportive and professional multidisciplinary team;
- Enjoy a flexible and inclusive work environment;
- Work in a meaningful role within a Values driven organisation;
- Relish a vibrant foodie hub at your doorstep;
How to Apply
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter via our Careers website outlining your relevant experience and addressing the Key Selection Criteria position defined in the position description in support of your application by 10:00pm on the close date.
Enquiries: Faisal Mehmood, Coordinator Financial Accounting on 03 9688 0396 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Sunday, 21st August 2022 at 10:00pm