Permanent Full Time
Band 4 ($68,859 - $73,075) plus 10.5% Super and monthly Accrued Day Off
West Footscray, Melbourne
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
Our Financial Accounting team has an exciting permanent full time opportunity for an enthusiastic and suitably experienced Finance Officer. Reporting to the Coordinator Financial Accounting, this role will administer the debtors' receivable as well as other finance functions and assist with the good management of Council's Debtors Collection practices, including the reduction of overall debt owed to Council.
- To administer the debtors' receivable function and contribute to the effective management of Council's Debtors Collection practices including the reduction of overall debt owed to Council.
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly outstanding debtor reports for management.
- To back fill the Purchasing officer position as required to provide support and advice to all staff with the processing of Online Requisitioning (OLR).
- Assist with the other areas of financial accounting including processing of receipts and banking transactions, journals, bank file uploads, checking of creditor payment proposals, and other duties as required in the department.
What we're looking for
You will have a post-secondary qualification in a relevant discipline or demonstrable experience in a similar position in debtor's administration within a finance department environment. Your intimate knowledge of relevant processes and procedures relating to the collection of debt and experience in investigating, identifying and solving financial problems, will put you in good stead for this role! And if you have knowledge of Civica - Authority software system with an understanding of Local Government Act and the business processes associated with the Finance department - then we would love to hear from you.
Why Choose Maribyrnong?
- Work cross functionally in a friendly, supportive and professional multidisciplinary team;
- Enjoy a flexible and inclusive work environment;
- Work in a meaningful role within a Values driven organisation;
- Relish a vibrant foodie hub at your doorstep;
- Take an Accrued Day Off every month.
How to Apply
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter via our Careers website outlining your relevant experience and addressing the Key Selection Criteria position defined in the position description in support of your application by 10:00pm on the close date.
To download a copy of the position description please visit us at: https://maribyrnong.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 6044795
Enquiries: Faisal Mehmood, Coordinator Financial Accounting on 03 9688 0396 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Sunday 21st August 2022 at 10:00pm.